Friday, September 04, 2009

 

Embarrassment

D.G. Myers (A Commonplace Blog) and Patrick Kurp (Anecdotal Evidence) sent a questionnaire to a group of "book bloggers," and they included me on their list. Their questions and my answers are on Patrick's blog.

One of the questions was about differences between traditional book reviewing and book blogging, and one difference I mentioned was the ease of correcting mistakes in a blog post. But the very sentence in which I discussed how easy it was to correct errors itself had an embarrassing grammatical error! I wrote:
[P]rint is unforgiving -- if one is lucky, one can later add corrigenda, but the plasticity of bits and bytes allow easy corrections...
I should have written:
[P]rint is unforgiving -- if one is lucky, one can later add corrigenda, but the plasticity of bits and bytes allows easy corrections...



<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?